Monday, May 05, 2003

Blogging Around...

Arms And The Man: A daily stop since everything Major Barbara posts is well worth a read, especially this continuing series on Halliburton and shell subsidiaries.

Counterspin Central: Hesiod admits he didn't watch the Democratic debate. I guess I avoided it as well as I put it way down low on my priorities list. Go to Hesiod's post to get some links to people who did.

Via Atrios: Max Sawicky has a rundown as well.

Ha! Watching the debate via C-Span just now. Sharpton compared the Bush tax cut to Jim Jones giving out Kool Aid because it tastes good.

Max addresses Sharpton's remarks about tax cuts and also has a few opinions on Kucinich and the so-called 'kook' factor.

It's always amazed me how strongly people claim to want change until they're presented with an opportunity to enact it at which point they scramble for reasons to decry it. Why must the pursuit of progressive ideals translate into ideas that are 'out of touch'?

No comments: